The Russia-Ukraine conflict and the ongoing war are an illustration of several concepts of the Clock of the Unconscious.
The application of “The Recurrent War Cycle” indicated before 2022 a possible war in Europe in the period 2022-2026, most likely in a former socialist country with a direct or indirect Russian component. If it is too late to convince you of this prediction, it is not too late to reflect and become aware of this strange phenomenon. If it can be used for forecasting, it means that there is a real phenomenon, even if it is unknown or denied. To learn more about this phenomenon, please refer to the document“The Recurrent War Cycle” .
It is heartbreaking to foresee possible wars, to see that they happen, to see that the leaders who govern us do not understand what is happening and rush into a war that could be long and deadly, probably because of this cyclical phenomenon that is one of the causes of these wars, without being THE cause.
The “The Recurrent War Cycle” is only a part of the concepts of the Clock of the Unconscious.
Once the war has begun, the operational military reality dominates and is not conducive to understanding this strange phenomenon.
The period 2023-2025 will be used to :
- to consolidate all the concepts of the Clock of the Unconscious and gather them in a document entitled “The Clock of the Unconscious”,
- to carry out the “Special Study” which is a presentation of the application of the various concepts of the Clock of the Unconscious found in the Ukraine-Russia conflict,
- if the opportunity arises, one or more communications will be made on the part “The Recurrent War Cycle” .
A cyclical phenomenon that has an influence on our collective behavior and in particular wars?
It is necessary to open a debate on the subject, to bring elements for or against to make mature this subject which influences us without most of us being conscious of it.
How can we summarize this cyclical phenomenon in a few lines?
A cyclic phenomenon has been identified: the cycle is about 8 and a half years or a multiple and most often 3 times, that is to say a little more than 25 years or a multiple of 25 years.
This periodic phenomenon can be expressed in different ways
- It can bring back the past but in a distorted and most often unconscious form. This phenomenon is called “Return of the past”.
- It can exacerbate tensions and favor wars or escalations. This is studied through the “The Recurrent War Cycle” which does not determine all wars but can favor war or resolution depending on whether it is in a phase of amplification or in a phase of attenuation
- It can, in exceptional cases, give the impression of a certain parallelism of history. This subject is just mentioned here but not yet explained on this site
What is the interest of such a cyclic phenomenon?
The first one is to notice that collective events, like crises or wars, which seem to be unpredictable, follow a logic which can only be understood by taking cognizance of this cyclic phenomenon. It is fascinating to see this. It is disturbing to admit it. It can give some people the impression of a formidable regression of thought which returns to a world where we imagined, in the Middle Ages, a great hidden clockwork which guided our destiny. This phenomenon has an influence but is not deterministic.
What are the stakes of these studies?
We can imagine, based on current knowledge, that most of the major wars of the 20th and 21st centuries have an additional cause that is unconscious today and that is this cyclical phenomenon. We do not yet know the real origin of this phenomenon. Presumably it is not as regular as a beautiful mathematical sinusoid.
If further studies were to confirm this, it would shed a new light on all those wars which we thought were defending a just cause but for which one of the important causes had not been identified until now. All this has not yet been demonstrated in an incontestable way and can only be demonstrated if other researchers take up these studies.
Another issue could concern the whole of the human sciences. Is it a fundamental mechanism that we could find in psychology, sociology, psychotherapy? This would presuppose applied research in fields other than wars and the jolts of history caused by the collective unconscious.
Overview of the historical evolution of concepts
updated on February 7, 2023